2007年12月15日 星期六

Badaling Great Wall Travel

The Badaling Great Wall of China is the first scene spot I visited in Beijing.

Badaling Great Wall is located at north by west of Beijing, and it was rated into

the 'List of the World Cultural Heritage' due to its incredible and magnificent structure.

Because it is so Great, I have to make a pilgrimage to it. :)

It would take 1 hour to get the Badaling from the downtown by bus.

I took the line 2 subway and got off at Ji Shui Tan station.

Then turn left at the subway exit is near Ji Shui Tan Bridge North and

went straight to find the bus 919 station.

From 20071028_北京_八達嶺

Bus 919 can take me to the Badaling directly, but there are many kinds of buses 919

with different routes actually. The nonstop bus station is near by a heritage as graph below.

From 20071028_北京_八達嶺

There was a interesting occurrence on my way to the express 919 station.

I saw a tourist coach, and there was a handwriting brand with the number 919

in front of the bus. And someone was touting with a loud speaker.

It was a fake 919 bus. DO NOT take it if you see it in your future trip.

The REAL 919 bus is parked beside a bus stop like the picture below.

From 20071028_北京_八達嶺

OK, I spent 12 RMB(it's so cheap ^^) to buy a ticket to the Great Wall and

started my Badaling Great Wall journey, so excited!!

The scenery was majestic on the way to the Badaling, and you can see another

Great Wall in the journey - Juyong Guan Great Wall.

From 20071028_北京_八達嶺

After one hour, I finally arrived the Badaling Great Wall.

The entrance ticket cost me 45 RMB, but the ticket included one postcard and

four commemoration stamps. So I think the price is reasonable.

From 20071028_北京_八達嶺

The entrance is a fortress and you can choose visiting north or south buildings.

I decided to go to the 12 north buildings because the tiptop of Badaling is north building no 8.

From 20071028_北京_八達嶺


It was so cold when I stood on the Great Wall due to the north wind was blowing hard.

You would feel painful when the wind touched your face and ears.

It let me imagine how hard was it when the soldiers defensed these buildings in winter a long time ago.

I just can say .... it must be a crazy job. -_-"

Well, you can hide behind the parapets to avoid the damn wind.

From 20071028_北京_八達嶺

The north outlook from the Great wall was so beautiful.

The mountains were decorated with light green, dark green, red and pale colors.

From 20071028_北京_八達嶺

I don't how to describe the feeling when I stood at tiptop of Great Wall.

In fact, it was not easy to crime the tiptop and there were some steeps.

But if you know this history of the Great Wall as me, you will agree with

the Great Wall is a incredible heritage and there must be many sorrowful

stories in the ancient period.

From 20071028_北京_八達嶺

I took around 2 hours to visit all 12 north buildings, and left Great Wall at

the exit near the north building no 10. It was a wonderful journey for me.

If you would like to visit the Great Wall next time, I suggest you head to

the Badaling in the early morning, and leave it in the early afternoon.

Because it is difficult to take bus 919 if you leave Badaling after 2 PM, there will be

many many visitors want to take the bus like you. It was awful....

From 20071028_北京_八達嶺

沒有留言: