2008年2月24日 星期日

王胖子驢肉火燒 Baked Cake with Donkey Meat

Before I came to Beijing, I've heard donkey meat is one of famous delicacies in northern China.
I've been looking for where I can taste the donkey meat in Beijing.
In the end I tasted it in a eatery near the GuLou West Street.


Though the restaurant is very small, it has a bright RED shop sign.
So it should be easy to find the restaurant.



HA!! This is the main course - Baked cake with donkey meat.
Donkey meat has a special taste.
I think it tasted like beef a bit, but it's tenderer than beef.
With the CRISPY baked cake, it is a fantastic combination.


I also ordered a donkey organs soup.
There were many kinds of organs, such as liver, heart and intestine, in the soup.
The soup also tasted great, but I felt it was too oily.

How much is it:
1. Baked cake with donkey meat, RMB 4/piece
2. Donkey organs soup, RMB 4/piece

How to get there:
The address is No.86, GuLou West Street, Beijing

沒有留言: